OpSite* Post-Op is a revolutionary post-operative dressing combining a high Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate (MVTR) film and the cushioning and absorbency of a low adherent pad together with an easy application carrier system. The hydrophilic polyurethane film on OpSite Post-Op has REACTIC* properties that ‘switch on’ in the presence of moisture allowing any excess to transpire into the atmosphere.
- Opsite Post Op meets the criteria for an Ideal Wound Dressing. For more information click here.
- Opsite Post-Op also offers the following advantages:
- Bacterial barrier Protects the site against extrinsic contamination, reducing the risk of infection by bacteria, including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureaus (MRSA).
- Waterproof film Patient can shower with the dressing in situ.
- Low allergy adhesive A unique grid pattern adhesive minimising the risk of an allergic response.
- Highly absorbent pad Rapidly absorbs serous exudate. Allows lateral spread across the pad to maximise absorbency and reduce the risk of skin maceration.
- Low adherence The wound contact layer enables exudate to pass through to allow minimal trauma on removal.
- Conformable and extensible film Comfortable and non obtrusive for the patient. May help to reduce occurrence of skin blistering in joint surgery.
- High MVTR The REACTIC* film has a unique molecular structure with an MVTR of approximately 11000g/m2 /24hr, making it significantly more permeable to water vapour than ordinary films in the presence of moisture.
- Round corners/thin film Reduces occurrence of lifting or snag, helping the dressing to stay in place for longer.
- Helps to prevent skin blistering Opsite Post Op may help to prevent post-operative blistering in joint surgery